Thursday, July 13, 2006

ArticleBlaster How to Build an Empire With Business Cards


Free-Reprint Article Written by: Robert Short
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*****************************************************************
*
* This email is being delivered directly to members of the group:
*
* internet_marketing_articleblaster@yahoogroups.com
*
*****************************************************************

We have moved our TERMS OF REPRINT to the end of the article.
Be certain to read our TERMS OF REPRINT and honor our TERMS
OF REPRINT when you use this article. Thank you.

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Overview
http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/iclp/dmca1.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Article Title:
==============

How to Build an Empire With Business Cards

Article Description:
====================

Today, most business owners don't realize the importance of
using a simple business card to generate tons of new customers.
It simply does not matter what kind of business you are in, you
have to utilize this primitive business technique in order to
grow your business fast and to maintain that growth. The three
major mistakes people make when marketing with business cards
are:

Additional Article Information:
===============================

858 Words; formatted to 65 Characters per Line
Distribution Date and Time: 2006-07-13 10:24:00

Written By: Robert Short
Copyright: 2006, All Rights Reserved
Contact Email: mailto:info@affordableconcretecutting.com

For more free-reprint articles by Robert Short, please visit:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Robert_Short

=============================================
Special Notice For Publishers and Webmasters:
=============================================

TEXT Copy-and-Paste and HTML Copy-and-Paste
Versions Of Article Are Available at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/s/empire-building-with-business-cards.shtml#get_code

If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
us know where you have used this article, and we will
include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3147&p=load

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Build an Empire With Business Cards
Copyright � 2006 New Hampshire Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling, All Rights Reserved
Written by: Robert Short
New Hampshire Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling
http://www.affordableconcretecutting.net

Today, most business owners don't realize the importance of
using a simple business card to generate tons of new customers.
It simply does not matter what kind of business you are in, you
have to utilize this primitive business technique in order to
grow your business fast and to maintain that growth.

The three major mistakes people make when marketing with business
cards are:

1. Not having a business card.

2. Being stingy and only giving out one card per person.

3. Not giving a card to every person they come into contact
with.

Not having thousands of business cards at your disposal at all
times is not only stupid it is a crime against your business. If
an employee of yours stole as much money from you as you lose
from not utilizing business cards, they would go to prison for a
long time. With today's super low cost business card printing
prices there is no reason not to have business cards and an
abundance of them for that matter.

I started my professional concrete cutting service business with
absolutely no capital and grossed almost $400,000 in my first
eight months of business. My only means of advertising was
business cards. As many of you already know, it can sometimes
take up to an entire year to get your ad placed into your local
yellow page directory and it can be quite costly to a new
business. The following are techniques that I used to generate
tons of business from business cards and I believe that these
same techniques can benefit any type of business.

1. I started with an eye catching logo and had a design that
really said "this guy is a pro." It is worth the modest initial
investment to get your cards designed right.

2. I kept my message "short and sweet." I have seen way too
many people over do it with tons of bulleted text that cause
confusion with the reader. I do concrete cutting and a few other
services that relate to it but my business cards say only
"Concrete Cutting."

3. I ordered my cards in quantities of 5000 at a time. Too often
do I see new business owners print cards off of their computer
and literally "ration" them off.

4. I never gave out a single card! I always handed out at least
five at a time and sometimes more. I still look at my business
cards as "lottery tickets." The first job I get from the batch
pays for all of them so the rest can pay off huge. If they get
thrown in the trash � Who cares? There are thousands more where
those came from.

5. Any time I would meet someone in the construction trades I
would hand them a stack of cards. I hand them to people that are
standing next to me in line at the Home Depot or that are pumping
gas across from me at the fuel pumps. I get questions like "What
are these for?" or "What do you want me to do with these?" and
I just simply say "You may not need my services now but when you
do, you'll know who to call." At the same time, I am thinking,
"I don't care what you do with them, they were basically free
and the fact of the matter is that I get hundreds of calls from
people that say "Remember Me?" "I met you at the Exxon Station
or at parent teacher's night." Or "John Smith gave me your
card and said I should call you" yet I have never heard of John
Smith. Or "I've got your business card on my desk and I don't
know where it came from but I need your services." I simply hand
tons of my business cards out to people and the calls roll in.

6. I buy a mailing list of contractors from a list broker and I
simply put three business cards in an envelope and mail a
thousand envelopes at a time. I do not put an expensive brochure
or a flyer, I simply put three business cards in and I get
hundreds of calls and referrals from the mailing,

I now get hundreds and hundreds of calls from my existing
customers and my yellow page ads but I still use business cards
more than I ever have. I now have six trucks and eight employees
and giving out business cards in the same fashion as I have
described above is part of their job description. They have all
seen the power of business cards and that business cards ensure
each of our survival and actually gives them a good feeling
knowing that they got a specific customer. If I contact a new
customer and they happen to mention that one of my men did not
give them a stack of business cards then I immediately contact
the employee, ask them if it is true and explain to them that it
is part of their job, then I hand them a big box of business
cards and tell them not to let it happen again, ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
(c) 2006 New Hampshire Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling,
All Rights Reserved

Written by: Robert Short
New Hampshire Concrete Cutting and Core Drilling provides
concrete cutting and core drilling services to the contractor
and homeowner in New Hampshire or NH. Visit our website at
http://www.affordableconcretecutting.net for more information
on concrete cutting and core drilling.

--- END ARTICLE ---

Get TEXT or HTML Copy-and-Paste Versions Of This Article at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/s/empire-building-with-business-cards.shtml#get_code

.....................................

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

Our TERMS OF REPRINT are fully enforcable under the terms of:

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c105:H.R.2281.ENR:

.....................................

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

* If you publish this article in a website/forum/blog,
You Must Set All URL's or Mailto Addresses in the body
of the article AND in the Author's Resource Box as
Hyperlinks (clickable links).

* Links must remain in the form that we published them.
Clean links should point to the Author's links without
redirects having been inserted into the copy.

* You are not allowed to Change or Delete any Words or
Links in the Article or Resource Box. Paragraph breaks
must be retained with articles. You can change where
the paragraph breaks fall, but you cannot eliminate all
paragraph breaks as some have chosen to do.

* Email Distribution of this article Must be done through
Opt-in Email Only. No Unsolicited Commercial Email.

* You Are Allowed to format the layout of the article for
proper display of the article in your website or in your
ezine, so long as you can maintain the author's interests
within the article.

* You may not use sentences from this article as an input
for any software that steals sentences from others in
order to build an article with software. The copyright on
this article applies to the "WHOLE" article.

*** Author Notification ***

We ask that you notify the author of publication of his
or her work. Robert Short can be reached at:
info@affordableconcretecutting.com

*** Print Publication Reprint Rights ***

If you desire to publish this article in a PRINT
publication, you must contact the author directly
for Print Permission at:
mailto:info@affordableconcretecutting.com

.....................................

If you need help converting this text article for proper
hyperlinked placement in your webpage, please use this
free tool: http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

=====================================================================

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

http://thePhantomWriters.com is a paid article distribution
service. thePhantomWriters.com and Article-Distribution.com
are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

The content of this article is solely the property
and opinion of its author, Robert Short
http://www.affordableconcretecutting.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/internet_marketing_articleblaster/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
internet_marketing_articleblaster-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: